20080809

Speed Up Windows Vista

How to Speed Up your Vista? Here is What Microsoft Suggests

Many people have written or asked me questions about problems that Vista has, especially in terms of speed. Slow computer system is indeed what computer users find really annoying. However, this is what I found when I was surfing to kill my free time last week: WINDOWS VISTA PERFORMANCE AND TUNING.

This is a final advice Microsoft has to help Vista users understand better some ways to speed up the performance of Windows Vista. This 14-page pdf document, will highlight some important issues like:
  • Power Settings on Mobile Computers
  • Disable Visual Effects
  • Adjust Search Settings
  • Windows ReadyBoost
  • Sleep Option
  • Disable Unwanted Startup Programs
  • Disable Background Programs or Services
  • Remove Unused Programs
  • Disable Unwanted Services
  • Improving Performance on User Account Control
  • Clean Things up with Disk Cleanup
  • Schedule Disk Cleanup
  • Defragment Your Disk
  • Windows Vista Experience Index
  • Performance with Task Manager
  • etc..
To download this pdf, here is the link.

Windows Vista Performnce and Tuning

Here are some shots..


I have not finished reading and experimenting all the tips though (my apology, I am a busy undergraduate ;p). However, i can assure you these tips are absolutely useful! I see some improvements since I applied some of the advice.

Hope this helps.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Hey, it worked!! I see some good things now.. thank you so much..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @anonymous: you're most welcome..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a nice way to speed up windows vista aswell, but you need to have a decent hard disk tho ^^
    Anyway you can check it out if you want, i wrote it down here

    http://mswindows01.blogspot.com/2009/08/speed-up-windows-vista.html

    But there are probably lots of other ways to speed ur pc up to, like keeping it clean of unneeded programs etc.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post was very informative and was a learning experience for me. I am much interested in Windows Vista and about its features. I will definitely keep coming back to read interesting updates about Windows Vista.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good information, I was looking for methods to speed up my PC, I know it aint the memory or the ram, it is the Vista configuration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, thanks a lot for share, I was using a modified ultimate version that worked perfectly and with this, even better.

    ReplyDelete